GENERAL DATA PROTECTION RULES
Welcome to Weshoot!
Information You Provide
This is information that you provide to us through text fields, such as your name, payment information, goals and rewards. The information we collect is different depending on if you are an account holder or a page admin by creating (or requesting) your own Weshoot Community known as a Weshoot Page (Sometime called a Group).
To create an account on Weshoot you have to provide your:
- Email address
- Name and first name
- Location (Country & City)
You may also sign up using a Facebook account and email address. We will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name, profile picture, and friend list. You can choose to stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Weshoot’s access to that account.
You also have the option to add more information to your profile, such as a detailed location, social media links and an about section, which we store along with any comments or messages you submit through Weshoot.
We recommend to select your favorite discipline to make your search by interest easier.
A Page Administrator is someone who manage its own community through Weshoot. To become a Page Administrator you have to provide details about your legal page ownership. You must fill useful fields like Location, Schedule, Event, Description and pictures…
Digital Shop Customers
As a unique place to share about our Sport, Weshoot offers 2 kinds of Shop.
Digital Shop is meanly used to promote and sale some digital content submitted by creators who contracted with Weshoot Inc.
We collect and process information about the creators you support, the level at which you support them, what rewards you receive and how often you support them.
Classified Ads users
A Classified Ads user is someone who uses our platform announcement system to exchange or sell things related to Outdoor and Shooting Sports..
To become a user, you must be a subscriber then create a page that describes what you are proposing including any financial goals you have. We collect and process this information along with any additional information you add to your profile.
Weshoot does not charge any fees on your transaction and is not responsible for anything about it. We moderate every announcement to be sure that nothing is outlaw. Any doubt is resulting in the deleting of the announcement without any additional comment.
Depending on your location you have to fill out a form with some combination of your:
- Legal name
- Address, email and real phone number
- Social security number or employer identification number
- Licence Number (hunting or Shooting)
- Country of citizenship
- Foreign tax identification number
- Date of birth
- Any official document necessary
Information We Collect
We collect information automatically as you navigate the site or through our third-party analytics providers. We may store usage information such as the type of device you use to access Weshoot, your operating system, browser type, IP address, and device ID, the pages you visit or request, links clicked, referring sites, user interactions and your search terms. We also derive your location from your IP address.
Do Not Track
Our service does not support Do Not Track requests at this time, which means our third party analytics providers may associate your usage on Weshoot with your usage on other sites.
We use third-party advertising cookies to present you with opportunities while on Weshoot. We also use retargeting cookies to present you with Weshoot advertising on other websites.
- Facebook Custom Audiences: You can adjust your Facebook advertising settings from within your Facebook account and opt-out of advertisements from within the Facebook application.
- Google Adwords: You can adjust the Google ads settings and opt-out of this program.
- Twitter Tailored Audiences: You can opt-out of seeing interest-based advertising on Twitter.
While we try to keep this list up to date, we often experiment with new third-party analytics providers, and this list may not be exhaustive.
How We Use Your Information
We never sell your information to anyone. We use your information to:
- provide Weshoot to you.
- allow you to sign in to your account.
- allow you to support our Sports, Education or Pro Shooters through Weshoot.
- allow you to use our Classified service as a member.
- send you emails relevant to your usage, as controlled by your email preferences.
- reply to your questions.
- understand how you use the service and market Weshoot to you,
- create better tools for Page Admin and Members to use Weshoot.
- conduct research and development to improve Weshoot and develop future products that our users may be interested in by analyzing how you use it.
- prevent fraud and abuse on Weshoot.
Information Shared with Page Admin
If you are a page subscriber, the following information is shared with the Page Admin you support:
- Your email address and other profile information.
- Any messages you send them through Weshoot.
Information Shared with Third Parties
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) is data that includes a personal identifier like your name, email or address, or data that could reasonably be linked back to you. We will only share this data under the following circumstances:
- With your permission, with Page Administrators or services used by Weshoot to deliver content.
- With companies that are contractually engaged in providing us with services, such as order fulfillment, email management, analyzing data trends, credit card processing and fraud detection and prevention. These companies may have access to personal information to perform their services and are obligated by contract to safeguard any PII they receive from us.
- If we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoenas or warrants served on us), to protect the security or integrity of Weshoot, and to protect the rights, property, or safety of Weshoot, its employees, users, or others. If we are going to release your data, we will do our best to provide you with notice in advance by email, unless we are prohibited by law from doing so.
Information Shared with the Public
The following information is publicly accessible:
- Your profile, and your social media links and location if you add that information.
- By default, the Blog Content including Links to Website publishing Results and any useful content to our community.
- Any posts or comments you make on a Public Page*.
- We may share aggregated or anonymized usage data in blog posts, press releases, or in other ways to share information about Weshoot’s usage. Aggregated or anonymized data cannot be linked back to any individual Weshoot user.
*By default a Page is Private. Weshoot Administrators can allow a Page to be Public
You can modify or delete certain information associated with your account on the settings pages.
You can remove your public facing information by emailing disable@Weshoot.info to have your account disabled and removed from public view. When we disable an account we remove your password information and profile image from the database, but if you wish to delete any other information permanently you should change it prior to disabling the account.
Even if an account is disabled, all information may be retained by our analytics providers on their own servers.
You can change which emails you receive through your email settings. While this removes most emails, some service related emails are still sent.
You may manage your notifications. Weshoot is 100% responsive and build to be used on mobile. We recommend to create a Shortcut on your mobile to use Weshoot fluently.
European Union Data Transfer
Transfer of Data to the United Kingdom
You also recognize that the processing of your personal data in the United Kingdom might not provide for an equal level of data protection as is granted in countries within the European Union.
We may use your information to offer you products and services that we think may be of interest to you, unless you have opted out of marketing communications. If you are in the European Economic Area, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before sending you any marketing communications. You may object to the use of your data for direct marketing purposes at any time, free of charge, when we collect your personal information and in every marketing communication. We will never provide your information to third parties for marketing purposes without your prior consent.
The security of your personal information is important to us and we follow industry standards to protect it. Full credit card numbers are never accessed by our system, and the most sensitive data we store, such as tax forms, are encrypted to keep them secure.
To further protect your information, we suggest using a strong and unique password for your Weshoot account.
Weshoot is not directed at children under the age of 13, and they may not create an account or otherwise use Weshoot.
We may sometimes make changes to this policy. If we make material changes that adversely affect your rights under this policy, we will let you know by posting an announcement on the site or sending you an email prior to the changes coming into effect. Continuing to use Weshoot after a change to this policy means you accept the new policy.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on April 1st, 2018